my friend Ella and I were recently talking about how great it is that Tamora Pierce will casually slip social issues into her books. Perfect examples:
- “I’m seventeen and not planning to get married. Why shouldn’t I bed him?”-Kel (Squire)
- Kel says something like, ‘where I come from, men can be with men and women and be with women.’ and Neal replies that it’s not like that in Tortall. Kel remarks how silly that is.
- “alanna is a kickass warrior who also has sex with several men and isn’t shamed for it because it’s her fucking life and she uses birth control and that’s super normal”-Ella
- Ugh, yes casual feminism in every book
if you think of any examples, let me know! I’d love to hear them.
- ladydreamspeed reblogged this from mithrosyeahtamorapierce
- twilightramblings reblogged this from mithrosyeahtamorapierce
- ulitmatebookworm likes this
- theblasphemouscontessa reblogged this from mithrosyeahtamorapierce
- an-axe-for-the-frozen-sea likes this
- oswininareddress likes this
- poetcael73 likes this
- foxalicat likes this
- mithrosyeahtamorapierce posted this